What Type Of Glues Are Used To Keep Wood Together
Wood glue is a type of adhesive that is made from natural or synthetic resins. It is typically applied to wood surfaces with a brush or a roller and then pressed together. Wood glue forms a strong bond that is resistant to water and heat.
There are a variety of different types of wood glue available, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Some of the most common types of wood glue include:
- PVA glue: PVA glue is a popular choice for bonding wood surfaces together. It is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. However, PVA glue is not as strong as some of the other types of wood glue.
- Epoxy glue: Epoxy glue is a very strong type of wood glue. It is often used for bonding wood surfaces together in areas where a strong bond is required. However, epoxy glue is more difficult to use than some of the other types of wood glue. It can also be more expensive.
- Clamps: Clamps can be used to hold wood surfaces together while the glue dries. This helps to ensure that the joint is strong and that the wood surfaces are bonded together evenly.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using wood glue:
- Make sure that the surfaces you are bonding together are clean and dry.
- Apply the glue evenly to both surfaces.
- Press the surfaces together firmly and hold them in place with clamps.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before using the wood surfaces.
Wood glue is a versatile and essential tool for any woodworker. With a little practice, you can use it to create strong and durable joints that will last for years to come.
Glue spreading machine
How Allwood can help you:
Allwood is the manufacturer of Interwood machinery, as well as suppliers of others woodworking equipment.
We manufacturer, supply, relocate, fix and service all types of woodworking machinery used in various industries.
- Qualified engineers: Our engineers have the skills and experience to design, build, and maintain woodworking machines. They have all gained their engineering qualifications while working as service engineers for Interwood.
- Exceptional knowledge of the woodworking industry: Our engineers have over 85 years of combined experience in the woodworking machinery industry. This experience gives them a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing woodworking businesses today.
- Bespoke machinery: We are able to create customised machines to meet our customers' specific needs. Our manufacturing process is flexible and allows us to make changes to the design and specifications of our machines to meet the needs of each customer.
- We are the only manufacturer of Interwood woodworking machines.
- Interwood is a well-respected brand in the woodworking industry, offering exceptional quality.
Take a look at our wood presses, if you can't find what you need give us a call on the number at the top of our website.
See a selection of woodworking machines:
All designed to make the woodworkers life that bit easier.